This has become our family’s favorite this fall. Slurpy, flavorful, different, delicious!
Use our Hoisin Sauce recipe to keep this really delicious and plant-strong.
- 12 c vegetable broth
- 1/4 c miso paste, optional
- 3 tbsp. ginger paste
- 1 pkg green onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 pkg whole wheat thin spaghetti (or rice noodles)
- 2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tbsp. hoisin sauce (see our recipe: http://www.totaltrueyou.com/recipes/recipe/plant-strong-hoisin-sauce/)
- 1 pepper, sliced into thin strips
- cilantro, chopped
- fresh baby spinach
- bean sprouts
- hot sauce (like Sriracha)
- lime wedges
- In a large pot, combine the broth ingredients: broth, miso, ginger, green onions and salt. Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer while you cook the rest.
- Cook noodles, whichever ones you picked, according to package instructions. Once drained, add a few tablespoons of broth to keep it moist.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, saute the mushrooms, adding a few drops of water to get things going. Mushrooms expel their own liquid so there is rarely a need for more liquid to cook it.
- Once mushrooms are soft, add a few tablespoons of the hoisin sauce to coat; about one minute. Then remove from heat.
- Place noodles in individual bowls, add mushrooms, spinach, cilantro, pepper strips and soy sauce per preference, spoon broth over the noodles, add hot sauce and squeeze lime wedges to taste.